16th International Pragmatics Conference
The 16th International Pragmatics Conference, organized by the International Pragmatics Association (IPrA – http://pragmatics.
As on earlier occasions, the conference is open to all topics relevant to the field of linguistic pragmatics, broadly conceived as the interdisciplinary (cognitive, social, cultural) science of language use.
Special theme: Pragmatics of the Margins
The call for papers is now open (see http://pragmatics.
The first deadline, for panel proposals only, is 1 June 2018. For contributions to panels, individual lectures and posters, the deadline is 15 October 2018.
Plenary speakers will include:
• Eric ANCHIMBE, Universität Bayreuth, title t.b.a.
• Jonathan CULPEPER, Lancaster University, working title Identity in pragmatics
• Louise CUMMINGS, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, working title The role of pragmatics in the diagnosis of dementia
• GU Yueguo, The Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, Beijing, title t.b.a.
• Meredith MARRA, Victoria University of Wellington, working title Fancy fence work: Harnessing the affordances of the periphery
• Marina TERKOURAFI, Leiden University, working title Toward an intuitive pragmatics
Contact person: Jef Verschueren
Click link for more information…